Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Sorry It's Been So Long!

I know, I know. I haven't posted in quite a while. Some of you in the blogger world may have thought I fell off the face of the earth. I mean, after all, I have an opinion about everything, and yet I haven't offered my opinion in a while. I guess I just haven't had anything productive to say. I've been really frustrated at work here lately, but I am trying not to let things get to me. After all, it's just a job. What really matters is my life outside the job (I keep telling myself that...whether I believe it yet is another story.) But the problem remains: I don't have much of a life outside of work. So, I am taking steps to change that. I am no longer attending Redemption World Outreach Center. I think that church was a bad choice for me. It's way to big to be people-friendly. There was 5,000-8,000 people in the church. I never did manage to meet the pastor, and I never made any friends at the singles group. So, after spending nearly a year at that church, I have decided to find a smaller church where I can get involved and hopefully make friends.

I've also started working out again. I went through a lull where there was nothing I despised more than going to the gym. But then I started gaining my weight that I'd lost back and I decided I need to be in the gym at least twice if not three times a week.

I'm in charge of planning my sister's bachelorette party. Her two best friends are helping me. We are taking her to Nashville in March--one week before the wedding. I absolutely love Nashville! We are going to stay one night and that night we are going to go out for a night on the town. It's going to be lots of fun!

Speaking of fun, I am listening to country music right now. I don't know if you like country music or not, but I think a lot of the new stuff is lots of fun. Anyway, there's this fairly new song out called "if you're going through hell" It's on the radio right now. It's so funny, but I have been there! And I guess that's why I like the song so much. It says:
If you're going through hell
keep on going
don't slow down
if you're scared don't show it
you might get out before the devil even knows you're there

If you're going through hell
keep on moving
face that fire
walk right through it
you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

I think we've all been there at one time or another. That's why I'm trying not to whine about stuff, because things have been much worse. I just keep thinking about what I was going through this time last year. I was in a job I hated, working with people I didn't like one bit, and sick all the time because I didn't know how long I would have that job. And I was living in a tiny 600 sq. ft. apartment. It was horrible!

Now, I'm in a job that I like, I like all but one person I work with, and I have a beautiful apartment with comfy furniture to come home to. And to top it off, I am in beautiful South Carolina, much farther from the beach than I ever thought I wanted to live, but loving the mountains! I never thought I would say I loved living near the mountains, but I really do. The only complaint I have is my hours I work. With any luck, our 10 o'clock producer will move to something else so I can move into that job. If that doesn't happen, then I guess I will be forced to move one more time. The good news is there is a station my company owns in Nashville that I wouldn't mind going to. If I must leave here, Nashville's my next best bet. I have decided after much thought that I really don't want to leave the South. As the group Alabama says, I'm "southern born and southern bred". Why would I even think about leaving my southern roots behind?

Well, that's about it. Nothing new really to report. I will try and post more often, but if I have nothing to say, then I have nothing to say. I know what some of you are thinking: "Nicole, you always have something to say." Well to those people, I must tell you, some things do change. And for the first time in my life I find myself without words sometimes.

Have a great week!

No comments: