Thursday, April 30, 2009

We've Got to Stand For Something

Okay, bloggers, I'm back and I've got something I've just been itching to say.
How many of you saw the Miss USA pageant? Well, if you didn't see it, you probably don't even know who won. And it's not because you didn't see it, it's because the only person in the news about it has been the runner-up, Miss California, USA, Carrie Prejean. But just in case you're wondering, Miss North Carolina won. And in my opinion, she deserved to win, but it's not because Miss California had a bad answer for her question. Because I thought her answer rocked! I thought Miss North Carolina was prettier, and not as vain. And she carried herself on stage much better in my opinion. It sounded to me through the whole competition that Miss California thought she was the best thing since sliced bread. Even when she talked about her evening gown, she made the statement "i'm going to blow this one out of the park!" But the other girls just talked about why they liked their dress.

But what seems to have made headlines is something that's stupid. I mean, since when can someone not say what she thinks? THe question asked to her said "do you think other states should follow suit and make same sex marriage legal." The key word is think. But she got reemed because she didn't say the expected, vague answer. And she was accused of not being politically correct! Since when does giving your opinion equal not being PC? That's so stupid! Plus, she did give both sides of the argument, by saying we live in a country that allows you to choose, but in my family we believe marriage should be between a man and a woman. I think trying to be PC has gone way too far!

So, good for you, Carrie Prejean, for saying what you wanted to say. WE should all learn a lesson from you. We should always stand up for what we believe in, no matter what it costs us! IF you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

So, support those who stand up for what they believe in, whether you agree with them or not. BEcause it's important to believe in something!

No comments: