Friday, September 17, 2010

The Great City of Chattanooga




Sunset Rock


Some things I love about Chattanooga, are many times not even on a tourist's radar... So, I thought I would share my loves in hopes that the next time you come for a visit, that you visit like a local!

Food: My favorite restaurants are:
Tony's Pasta Shop and Trattoria, located in the art district in downtown Chattanooga.
Rain Thai Bistro on Lee Highway. Rain has wonderful lunch prices, with a wide variety of entrees for only $6!

Places to See:
The Passage, located next to the Aquarium. Water flowing down stairs that signifies the Trail of Tears.
The Riverwalk-- miles and miles of beauty and exercise
The Walnut Street Bridge. THis is a pedestrian bridge where you will find lots of exercisers in the mornings and evenings. It also offers great views.
Point Park on Lookout Mountain. $3 to get in and the views are so worth it...IF you feel a little adventerous, take a hike from there to Sunset Rock, which is beautiful at, you guessed it, sunset :)
Rock City. Yes this is a tourist place, but I still love it just the same
Cloudland Canyon State Park. This is a short trip down I-59 into North Georgia, but so worth the trip. Take your camera, and plenty of water.



There are more places to see, but this is all I can think of off the top of my head. I will update more later. I've lived here for two years, and it's such a beautiful place, I want to share it with everyone.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We love TN too since we spent our honeymoon there back in 04. It was all in Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge & Sevierville. If we get an opportunity to head in your direction we will let you know so we can be prepared for the good stuff.

Rachel said...

Okay, you're only making me want to come over there and visit even MORE, Girl. :-D I don't see how I can justify it finance-wise this year...:( But maybe next year?!!! :)
-Rach