Friday, November 09, 2007

Seriously!

What's the deal! I love Christmas more than the average person. I mean, for the whole month of December, I usually listen to nothing but Christmas music, and my house is decorated extravagantly, and I wear Christmas sweatshirts, christmas socks, and jewelry during that time. But seriously, why can't we wait to celebrate Christmas after Thanksgiving? The day after Halloween, I turned on the radio, and guess what! Delilah is only playing Christmas music now--can you believe it? And last weekend, I went shopping. I walked into one store and heard Christmas music. I walked into Wal-mart, and a huge Christmas tree greeted me at the door.
Christmas has gotten too commercial. I remember when it was more about Jesus and family, and not so much about the bottom line. I am looking forward to Christmas--I just want to celebrate Thanksgiving first!

Speaking of Thanksgiving, I have to work. But my mom, step-dad, and grandmother are coming to see me next weekend. They will be here Saturday through Tuesday--we are planning to have thanksgiving dinner while they are here. I am so excited to see them. I haven't seen them since March.
Then on Thanksgiving day, my friends, Heather and Mike, have invited me over for dinner. So, this year I am blessed to not have to spend the holidays alone--as I have done in years past. Christmas--I finally get to go home! Yay!

This week is going to be a busy one, so I don't know how much I will update. Tonight, I am having dinner with Brett. It's not a date--we are just going to talk. I am a bit nervous. I haven't really talked to him since the beginning of summer, so I really don't know what to expect. Then tomorrow, the kids at church have their first junior Bible quiz match. I help with this, so I will be heading to Columbia with them.

Next week, I have the dreaded yearly doctors appointment (lots of fun). And on Wednesday, I have to go to court. Some crazy guy called work and started threatening some of our reporters. I just happened to be the one to answer the phone. So, I have to go testify in court. Fun, Fun. I really didn't want to go--I've never been to court before. But the officer said I didn't have a choice. I got a summons. I guess bad guys need to be punished, and the only way for that to happen is for me to testify.

I am still taking dance lessons. We are learning the Cha Cha and the Tango right now. I really love it. Just wish I had a partner to dance with. Right now, I am dancing with the instructor--a woman. That's every Friday night--so I will be going to that tonight before dinner.

Well, time to go take a nap.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hey girl! My dad is doing pretty well! He has a couple of more treatments left, and results from a follow-up CAT scan he took last week will likely be the most determining factor of his progress so far. As far as I know, the doctor is still pretty hopeful concerning his prognosis.
I miss you too!!!! I hope I get to come visit you in SC next year!!! :o)