Monday, March 10, 2008

Great Weekend!

So, I got home from Alabama around four yesterday afternoon--I have to say I had a wonderful time.

First, I met one of my best friends, Niecie, at the Galleria. We just found a place to sit, and some food and talked for nearly three hours! It was so great to see her and visit.

Then I went to my sister and her husband's house. We went and ate Mexican food, then came back to their house and played board games. It was just a good time of talking and hanging out.

Saturday, I got up only to discover it had snowed! I was so excited! I got a snow day when I didn't have to work! So, I quickly made plans to go have a snowball fight after breakfast. Well, we ate breakfast, and then I fell asleep on the couch! When I woke up, sadly the snow had melted--so no snowball fight for me :( . We later got ready and went to the galleria to shop a bit. While I was there, I ran into the pastor of my home church, and his wife. I talked to them for a while, then we met my mom and step-dad at the "California Pizza Kitchen" for dinner. Great food! We then went back to the house and played another board game.

So, it was a good visit--I don't get to see them very often so anytime I can, I cherish it. And I needed the time away just to regroup and relax a bit. I feel much better.

Oh--an update to my situation at church--I should be able to stay. I was worried about it, but some things have been put into place that will limit the amount of uncomfortable interactions I will have to have with Brett. I am so blessed to have a church family that loves me as much as they do. After much prayer, I knew I needed to stay. So, this Sunday will be the first Sunday I will be back at church. I know it will probably be very hard, but I will be okay. So, thanks to all of you who've been praying for me.

1 comment:

Eric said...

I was at the Galleria Saturday around 2pm.