Friday, March 07, 2008

Yea Alabama!

I get a great treat this weekend. It's the first thing to make me smile in the last couple weeks. I am leaving this morning for Birmingham to visit my sister and brother-in-law! I have needed to get away for a few weeks now. It's a short trip--I'll be home Sunday. But it will be great to see her and just forget about the "real world" for a couple of days. And more good news--I think my mom and step-dad are planning to drive up and have dinner with us on Saturday--they live in Gordo, which is about an hour and a half away.

My doggie will be staying at the "doggie motel". That's what I call the kennel, so he feels like he's getting a vacation, too! He always seems to get excited when I ask him if he's ready to go to the "doggie motel"!

I swear--I am so tired of getting sick! I seem to be catching everything--my doctor doesn't seem concerned. He says everyone's sick right now. This week, I got a really bad sore throat, a bad cough, and a fever. My doctor said I had an infection--he gave me an antibiotic and today I am feeling much better. I do still have a nasty cough.
I spent two days out of work. I hated to, but I had no energy and all I did was sleep.

Well, gotta go. I think I will head home and sleep a couple of hours before I head to B'ham. I am so excited!

No comments: