Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Bad Year, But It's Getting Better

You know, I got to thinking this week. 2008 has been a really bad year for me. I mean, my job went sour and I had to move from where I considered to be my home. I went through a bad breakup. Yeah, 2008 was a bad year for the most part. But I think for the most part, things have really changed for me for the better. I moved to a great city where going to work is actually pleasant. I have several friends my age...something I haven't had in a really long time. And I really don't think these are fair-weather friends. I think they are truly good people that want my friendship as much as I want there's. People that aren't just using me for their own agenda. I have had "friends" over the years that did that. Even as recent as Greenville.

But you know, 2007 was a good year for me and my family. I was in a great place in Greenville. I had found a great church, I got my dream car, my sister got married. It was just a good year all-around. Sure, there were bad times, but those didn't last that long.

So, I am hoping 2009 is a good year. I guess we have to go through seasons in our lives. Good seasons and bad. And we learn things along the way. Lord knows, I've been through my share of bad. I'm just wanting some good seasons. I'm turning 30 at the end of this year. I would really like to start 30 off good.

No comments: