Thursday, October 09, 2008

Greenville, Here I Come!

So, I haven't been back to visit Greenville since I moved to Chattanooga. Well, that's all about to change! I am going to visit October 17-19. I am so excited! A family from my church there is letting me and my dog stay at their house. And I am hoping to visit with everyone! It's going to be like a mini-vacation for me! And of course, on Sunday, I will visit my old church. I miss everyone so much and it's been way to long since I went!

I also got some great news yesterday. My very first camper at camp smile-a-mile in Alabama is coming to see me next month. Valerie was 7-year-old when we met. And she is quite the inspiration. For those of you who don't know, Camp Smile-A-Mile is a camp for children with cancer. So, Valerie battled cancer...she went on to graduate valedictorian of her high school class, and she is getting ready to graduate from UAB in December! I feel honored to have been a part of her life all these years! If your ever looking for a great volunteer opportunity, Camp SAM or any other cancer camp is a great place to be. I really cherish my time I spent will all of the children there.

No comments: