Thursday, December 16, 2010

Book Review for "Hatteras Girl"


Jackie is a journalist, but it's not her dream job. Her dream is to run a bed and breakfast--one from which she has good memories from her childhood. Her family's dream is to see her get married to a good man. So, she's gone on countless blind dates, and at 30, she's convinced she may never get married. But then something wonderful happens...her journalistic job brings her to a man that not only can make her dreams come true with the Bed and Breakfast, but she believes he may also offer her something she's never had before...true love. Is he the one? Or has "the one" been under her nose all along?

I loved this book... it reminded me of myself in many ways. I am also a journalist, and I'm also single and over 30. This book made me laugh at the lengths one can go through to not only reach toward a dream, but also to reach toward love...and the lengths family members will go to to help you find love. I would definitely recommend this book to women who are looking for a good laugh, and even a good cry...it's the ultimate "chick" book! I didn't want it to end...I wanted to see where it went...

There was one part of the book that I felt like skipped several chapters...it's like all of a sudden, she was dating someone...but we didn't find out exactly how it happened. I wish the author would have went into more detail.

I was provided a complimentary copy of "Hatteras Girl" by Bethany House Publishers for my honest review.

No comments: