Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Happy Birthday, Robbie


Happy Birthday Baby Brother, on what would have been you 29th birthday. Wow, how time flies. It seems like just yesterday, we were teenagers, cutting up and laughing, or fighting like brothers and sisters do. I miss that. I miss you. Everyday I miss you. Do you get birthday gifts in Heaven? I sure hope so. Although, I know everyday with Jesus is a gift. And now you have Grandmama there to celebrate with you on your special day. I'm so jealous. I miss her, too.

I love you Robbie, and although I only had you here on earth for 15 years, you're always in my heart. I've posted this poem before, but this poem says it all...I carry you in my heart.


"I Carry You in My Heart"
E.E. Cummings
(an excerpt)
Here is the deepest secret no one knows.
Here is the root of the root... and the bud of the bud...
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life... which grows higher than the soul can hope... or mind can hide.
It is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart.
I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful post Nicole.

Unknown said...

In case I forget tomorrow, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!