Wednesday, November 24, 2010

An American Holiday


these are pictures from last Thanksgiving.




I love Thanksgiving. It's all about the food and family. There are no gifts involved, just the gift of each other's presence-- that's the most important thing. This year, just as in many years past...I don't get to be with my family on Thanksgiving. I will be working. But I do get to be with my family on Friday and for the weekend. And I am very excited. My brother (another I was blessed with through marriage) and his family will be at my dad's for Thanksgiving. I love them dearly...my niece and nephew are so cute and sweet... But they live in Chicago...and I very rarely get to see them. So this year I'm thankful for the time I will get to spend, not only with my dad and step-mom, but also the time I will have with Chris, Francoise, Raphael and Olivia. So even tho I won't be there to see them on THursday, I will cherish my time Friday...because it is definitely a gift.

No comments: