Saturday, June 10, 2006

It's Paying Off!

Working out and splurging on a trainer is all starting to pay off! I went to the mall this week and decided to try on some clothes and guess what! I fit into a smaller size...in two different styles of pants! So, I bought one of them! I haven't been able to fit into this size since I was a freshman in college, so I am very happy today! My goal is to be back down to the weight I was when I graduated from high school by October. In October, I will be going back home for my high school class reunion. I got weighed and measured at the gym Friday. It was another month...I did lose some, but not near as much as came off last month. The first month of working out, I lost 12 inches (see prior post), but this time I only lost 2 inches and two pounds. At least I did losee some. I just have to keep at it. The problem is eating...I don't eat like I should. I like food too much!

Now, Tuesday, many called an evil day. It was 6/6/06. I was aware of the date, but it's only a number. I didn't believe it was the apocalypse or anything...just another day. And if the Lord did choose that day to be the end of the world, it wouldn't have bothered me any. See, I am ready to go Home. Home being Heaven. God has done so much for me, I do long for the day when I will get to see Him face to face. So, on that day, I went to work as I always do. When I got to work that night (at 11:00), we had the biggest breaking news in a very long time. It happened just a few minutes after my shift started...Authorities caught the guy they suspect killed a local college student here. I love breaking news...it's so much fun. I immediately started thinking ahead for the morning...We sent a reporter to Tennessee where the guy was caught...I started ordering graphics...and discussing with my bosses what I would like to see happen for the morning. And we did it! We slaughtered the competition! It was so much fun! This is why I got into news. You get a high better than any drug when breaking news happens in the newsroom. So, our show was a huge success...and our ratings proved it. We surpassed all ratings we have gotten up until this point. The next day, my news director sent me an email and copied it to our HR lady. She said I really impressed her. She said I really did a good job. And then the HR lady sent me a note back saying the email was going into my personal file. That is awesome! In the mornings, there is rarely an opportunity to impress the bosses, or to let your true colors shine...but these rare opportunities are what's going to eventually get me off of this god-aweful shift.


I"m still having problems with that anchor. It's like no matter how much I prove myself, nothing is ever good enough. Thursday was a horrible day. The whole morning I felt tears coming on, but I didn't shed any of them. I didn't want to give him the satisfaction. So, I just came home and went to bed. I was so exhaused from the day before that having to deal with all of that didn't help...and this time it was more than just him. I'm not going to go into what happened. But I still feel, after thinking about it, that I was right.

My family is coming to see me in two weeks. I am so excited.

WEll, gotta go!

No comments: