Thursday, June 29, 2006

Vacation from my Vacation Needed

I feel like I need a vacation from my vacation! I am so tired! My family from Saturday through Tuesday and we went non-stop the whole time...

Saturday morning, I went to my company picnic. We had lots of fun playing our own version of the olympics...and I even one two silver medals (well, they're plastic, but you get the idea). I had my parents call me when they got close so I could get home from the picnic in time for them to arrive.

Saturday evening, we went downtown Greenville. I showed them around a bit down there, and we ate dinner there.

Once we got back, it was time to get in bed because we had an early morning on Sunday. My step-dad and I went white-water rafting. It was so much fun! But it really wore me out!

When we got back, we went to the museum of art for a little while...
Sunday night, I took them to P.F.Changs to eat (my treat). It was really good. I've never really liked chinese food before, but it's different there.

Then on Monday, we got up early and headed to the Biltmore Estate. If you've never been, then you're missing it! It is the most beautiful house I've ever seen...I got a season pass since I liked it so much!

We slept in on Tuesday...but I still feel like I didn't sleep. And I slept all day yesterday. I am hoping after this weekend I can feel rested.

I hated to have to go back to work. It was nice not to have to sleep during the day and stay up all night for the few days I was off. I do like my job, I just wish I had normal hours.

I think I may go see "The Devil Wears Prada" tomorrow at the movie theater. I'll let you know what I think! Several of my co-workers went and saw "Superman Returns" yesterday. They said it was really good. I couldn't go because I was sleeping.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hey girl, hope you have an awesome weekend and get some good rest, too. :o) I meant to tell you (I kept forgetting about this!); we may not get to talk this weekend because I'll be out at GFA's missions conference (in the next town over) and will be super busy working the bookstore. I do think I would be free to chat possibly late Sunday afternoon, but I realize you may need to go to bed early if you're working the next day. Either way, feel free to call me Sunday if you want to and leave a message either to say HI or let me know when you might be free to chat. :o) Miss ya!
Rach