Wednesday, July 05, 2006

How Lucky Can One Get?

I usually don't like to write about news stories...because I like to escape that part of my life, so it doesn't feel so much like my job is my life...but I had some thoughts I just had to write.

I turned on my computer and got online...and saw that Kenneth Lay, the founder of Enron, has died at age 64. Now, if you've been keeping up with the news, you know that Lay was facing years in prison for the fall of Enron...and he had not been sentenced yet. So, the first thought in my mind wasn't about his family and the grief they must be feeling, like I probably should have been thinking. My first thought, and it still is, is how lucky can a person get? He avoids getting sent to prison. HE doesn't have to pay for the crime he committed that cost many people thousands of dollars. No...he gets to die...and who know, he may have even went to Heaven...paradise. Yeah, he claimed he was a Christian, which may be true. Even the worst sinner can be a christian...it all depends on their heart...I know I'm a sinner saved by the grace of GOd...so he may be sitting in HEaven right now and never have to pay for his crime.

So, again, I say...he got lucky!

No comments: