Saturday, April 14, 2007

April 14

Today is April 14th. Can you believe it's already the middle of April? Time is flying--and I hate it. I feel like my whole life is going by so quick. I can't believe I'll be 30 in a couple of years--and half of my life dreams have yet to come true. I know God has a plan--I'm just trying to wait on Him.
Speaking of the Lord--isn't he wonderful? I know this is corny, but at the beginning of January, I was having a really hard time--and so, I made a list of everything I wanted to see God do this year in my life. It wasn't like I was making demands or anything--more like I was having faith that He would see me and understand what I needed. I wrote down the list in my journal, so I would have something visual to keep track of it all. The other day I looked at that list. It's only April and half of the things I asked God to do--He's already done. Isn't that awesome? I asked Him to bring me to a church that would love me and include me--a place where I could worship among believers and want to go to church--since I left Mobile in 2003, I have just not wanted to go to church--I couldn't find a good church--a friendly church--a church where people were actually glad that I was there. So, I went from time to time just because I am a Christian and felt like I wouldn't be considered one if I didn't go to church. Well, guess what! My old roommate from Southeastern--Jill--got in touch with me out of the blue a few weeks ago. She had learned from the alumni website that I was living in South Carolina--she asked me if I had found a church and she told me about one here in Greenville. She knows the pastor. So, I went to the church, and guess what! I love it. Sunday will be my fourth time going, and everyone there has already accepted me as a part of them. It's amazing! I felt so welcome the first time I went, and have felt the same way every Sunday since. So much so, that I invited some friends to join me--and they loved it as much as I did. So thank you, Jill, and thank you God for sending me to Trinity Fellowship. If you live in the Greenville area, I would urge you to give Trinity Fellowship a try. It's a small church, but they really love the Lord and love people. www.tfcag.org

The second thing I asked the Lord to do for me is to give me some friends--specifically I asked for three girlfriends this year. Well, since the beginning of the year, I have made friends with the wife of one of my co-workers. Her name is Heather. She is a great friend--she and I are getting together about every two weeks and spending the afternoon together. And her husband keeps their children so she and I can go. Isn't that awesome? I know that's only one out of three, but I am very optimistic that some of the ladies at church are going to be my friends too, and then I will have what I asked for. Life is so empty without someone to spend it with--it's so nice to have a friend.

While I'm on the subject of happiness--I've been on a pursuit of happiness most of my life. And I think I'm close to finding it. For the first time in my life, I like the city where I live. I don't know why it's different here, but it is. Not to say if I felt I was supposed to go somewhere else that I wouldn't go--but I think I am going to stay for a while. There is a guy at work that's made it his personal vendetta to make me leave--everyone there knows that when I left Pensacola, it was because my boss had quit, and my life became a living hell. So--you'd know it--my boss here--my executive producer--quit a few weeks ago. And there's this guy at work that's trying to make my life miserable. I think he thinks he can scare me away. Well, I'm here to tell you--I like it here and I'm not leaving. So, no matter how difficult it gets at work--they won't be getting rid of me so easily.


My little sister is enjoying married life so far--I talked to her on the phone yesterday. I am so happy she's happy. I miss her so much.

Well, I have a lot to do today, so I will end for now. be blessed!

No comments: