Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Please Pray

The last three weeks have been very hard for myself and many close to me. My heart is heavy this morning, and truthfully, I'm not quite sure if I can handle anymore. Last night, one of my co-workers was killed on the job. I've always been told how dangerous this business is--but you don't really think about it until it happens to you or someone you know. Joe Loy was covering a story when a car hit him. Please pray for all of us at Fox Carolina and for Joe's family.

This is just the latest tragedy. My best friend, Niecie's, brother died last week. He was a cancer survivor, and his death at just 14-years-old came as a shock. I spent the latter part of last week in Birmingham with Niecie and her family. They also need prayer.

And one of my co-workers died about three weeks ago after losing his battle with lung cancer. We sort of expected this, but it doesn't make it any easier.

They always say people die in threes. Just never knew there would be three people I knew all together like this.

No comments: