Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Turning 30

So, tomorrow I turn the big 3-0. And it's been really sad for me. I mean, today is the last day of my 20s. I guess leaving behind decades is sad, because that's the last 10 years of your life! And you look back at all you wanted to accomplish, and it didn't happen.
But the good thing is that it kind of gives you a fresh start--a new beginning to do all the things you want to do.
I got an email from my dear friend, Noelle, today. She also turns 30 soon. Her birthday is in March, and she and I are going to Tucson together next month to celebrate. She lives in San Francisco area, so it will be great to see her.

She really put turning 30 it in perspective for me. here's an excerpt:

"Enjoy 30! If you think 30 is bad, wait till we get to 50 (; Not looking forward to 50. Don't really feel much older as I approach 30....I guess I could be upset...but I was at a conference for the past two days in the City....I had to walk to BART from the conference and was surrounded by disabled people...people talking to themselves...panhandlers....and an old homeless guy sleeping in his wheelchair in the BART station underground because it's so cold outside right now in the Bay Area. We really have so much to be thankful for.....a trip to the City keeps things in perspective."

So, as I turn 30, I really want to think about what I want my life to be like for the next 10 years. I want to enjoy life more. I want to meet more people, and make new friends. I want to hopefully find a wonderful man to marry, and have beautiful children. I want to stay put--and quit moving around so much. I want to travel more (for pleasure), and see places I've never seen. I begin that with Tucson...I went when I was a little girl, but I don't remember anything. So, I can't wait to see the southwest.

I'm not working for the rest of the week, so I will update next week.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey girl! Trust me, you will do great ... just keep your wonderful sense of humor and keep close to Jesus ... 30 is a lot of fun!!!! :) (This comes from a reliable source, as one who myself has encountered this landmark a few months back and passed with flying colors ... someone who knows you will, too!!! :-D)
Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Enjoy it! :O) I KNOW you'll love your trip in January ... that will be so much fun!

Lisa said...

I guess my comment went through. It did not say...but just in case...Happy Birthday.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday hope it was wonderful