Monday, June 28, 2010

Going with your gut

The coolest thing happened this week. I was just sitting there, minding my own business, and out of the blue, a manager at a news station out west emailed me asking if I were interested in coming to work. Now, before that email, I hadn't even thought about moving. I hadn't sent any resumes, so it was just out of the blue! Undoubtedly one of my co-workers had dropped my name in conversation with someone else (Thanks, by the way...huge compliment!) Once I got that email, for a few days, my world turned upside down. The what-if's started going through my head, and the more I thought about it, the more it sounded like a wonderful adventure I wanted to be a part of.

Right now, thought, the timing is off. I am so close to family right now, and my grandmother is battling cancer. I just didn't feel right going so far away from her. Plus, I've started over every two years...just got to wondering if I wanted to do that again right now. Usually I have a few months to prepare for it, but this time, it was just dropped in my lap. I also like the people I work with...and that's a rare gem, I have learned!

So, after lots and lots of thought and prayer, I am going with my gut feeling, and staying in Chattanooga. I am hoping that my decision pays off. I am also hoping that this manager will remember me if ever a position opens back up and he needs a news producer.

No comments: