Friday, May 31, 2013

One Year and Counting

This Sunday, Jeff and I will celebrate one year of marriage, and I am looking forward to the future! As we left our wedding, we had no idea what the future held. We did know one thing-- we would do it together! This has been a very hard year with many changes. We got married, and a few months later moved from Tennessee to Oklahoma. Now we have his children every other week for the entire week! So in just a matter of months, I became a wife, mother, quit my job, and moved to a different state. I have learned, though, that together, Jeff and I can do anything. I've had my times of grief, but I have had so much more joy! My mom told me before I was married that the first year of marriage is the most difficult. I hope that's true! Because Jeff and I made it! That first year, you learn how to be married. You learn how to compromise. You learn that the two of you are gonna fight, but you also learn how to forgive and make up! I love Jeff more today than I did a year ago. I'm so thankful to God for bringing us together! I look forward to growing old with him!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the first year and it is something you have to be diligent about and communication is always the key. I don't blog much any more and seldom get on here but know that you are thought of often and will be praying for you and the family.
Odie in NC