Thursday, March 30, 2006

God is Good

Well, I've been at my new job for almost three weeks now, and all I have to say is God is good! I absolutely love my new job. I know I keep saying that, but it is so true. I've never had a job that I could actually say that about. This is how life is supposed to be. Not to say there aren't problems. We started our new show this week, and we are still having problems with the production system that gets us on the air. But the bugs are slowly being worked out and I am happy to say that come tomorrow we will have made it through an entire week on the air.

I've never been a part of starting a new show...and chances are, I won't ever be a part of doing it again, so I am trying to soak everything in and hopefully things will get great soon. Our ratings haven't been the best this week, but that is expected. (in metered markets, you get ratings every night)

I have a great team that's willing to help any way they can. And my new company is great! So many benefits! Plus, I got my first check last friday...NICE!

I am so proud of myself because I made my first "big-girl purchase" this week. I bought furniture! I bought an entire living room suit and a new queen size bed! So, come next week when it is delivered, I will officially be off the floor! (I have been sleeping on a mattress in the floor for several months because I didn't have the money to buy a bed). And then I will be inviting everyone to come visit me! I hope my friends and family will come. I actually have room to have company now. My furniture is so pretty! I am so happy that I was able to buy what I wanted and not something that was "the only thing I could afford". So, now I am going to work at getting my bills paid off...then I may make another "big-girl" purchase...a car!

In case you were wondering, my little sister and I are back to being friends. She and I are talking on the phone about once a week, which is about all our schedules can handle right now. I am so happy that we are back together. She and her fiance are talking about coming to visit sometime soon. I hope they do. I really want to get to know him. After all, he is going to be my brother-in-law.

I went to another Pilates class today. And I am exhausted! I am sure I will be sore again tomorrow. Yesterday, I got on the elliptical for the first time in a couple of years...I lasted seven minutes :) I am so out of shape! I am hoping to change that now that I have a gym membership...something else I never could afford until now.

I know I'm not updating as much as I was before, but you know, I have found that when everything is going well in your life, there's not much to say. I really learned how much of my conversations were made up of complaints and negatives...no wonder I haven't had that many people wanting to hang out with me in the last couple of years. But I am hoping I won't have any negatives for quite a while. Things are great. I am still a little frustrated with the production problems we are having with the show, but it will be fixed...

Our team is getting together for happy hour tomorrow afternoon at the mexican restaurant in town. Now, I don't drink, but I am planning on going to hang out. It was lots of fun the last time we went...I can get a virgin daquiri and have just as much fun.

Well, I hope everyone is well!

No comments: