Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Prayer Request

This is my 50th post. Can you believe it? That's a lot of thoughts...

Things are going pretty well for me. I visited another church Sunday. I really enjoyed it. It's called Redemption World Outreach Center. It's a huge church. I went to the early service and there was more than 3,000 people there. But the service was like a breath of fresh air. Real pentecostal...not watered down like a lot of churches. It was like the church I grew up in, Daystar Assembly in Tuscaloosa...at least the way it was then. Can't really speak for it now. I am going to go back SUnday. Evangelist Jesse Duplantis is going to be there and I LOVE Jesse. So, I'm really excited about it.

I work with a lot of Christians. It is so great. The other producer of the morning show and one of the writers are both christians. And one of my anchors is in church. So, it's nice to be around people who you can talk to about spiritual matters.

I did get some bad news this week. My grandmother's cancer is back. She was diagnosed with Ovarian cancer last year...and went into remission. Well, last week, her doctor told her it had returned. So, she will be starting chemo again at the beginning of June. Please pray for her that God will heal her. Her name is Ruth. Also, please pray that God will protect the other women in my family from this aweful disease. Ovarian cancer is extremely hereditary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you found a church you like. It is very important to get involved somewhere.

I will lift your grandmother up in prayer.