Friday, November 03, 2006

Fall Brilliance




It's fall and the colors here are proving it! When outside, I can't help but marvel at the beauty surrounding me. I walked around my apartment complex yesterday and just took pictures of the trees. The reds, yellows, and oranges are absolutely gorgeous! this is a picture I pulled from a website of the colors here. I'll post some as soon as I can of the ones I took.

The weather here is getting colder, too. I walked into work last night with a scarf, gloves, and a hat on and my co-workers found that quite funny! But I can already tell that I am going to be really cold this winter.

A ski resort is opening tomorrow in the mountains of Western North Carolina. That's not very far from me. Of course, it's not snowing yet, but they will be making their own snow. I guess I'm going to have to learn how to snow ski this winter.

I joined a drama group at church. I went to my first practice last weekend, and I really enjoyed it. Now, I'm thinking of getting involved with the Make-a-Wish foundation. I really love that organization, so I'm going to look into it.

Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

You sound like you are enjoying North Carolina!

Nicole said...

It's South Carolina, Jamie!!!

Jamie said...

Should have paid better attention!! I just read your last post about a ski resort in North Carolina. Oops!