Monday, January 21, 2008

Media Frenzy


I definately found my niche over the weekend. I got the rare opportunity to cover a presidential primary from the field--and it went off without a hitch.
I left for Columbia, South Carolina, Saturday at 2pm and didn't get back until 2am, but it was so much fun. My job was to field produce--that basically means it was my job to make sure everything we had planned for the day actually happened. We had three reporters and an anchor and four photographers, plus myself and one other field producer. I was running back between campaigns--I actually got to hear parts of Mike Huckabee, Fred THompson, and Ron Paul's speeches at the end of the night. And all of our stuff made deadline. It was flawless.

This pic was taken by one of our photographers at the event. It was crazy!
Next week is the Democratic primary here. I don't know if I will get to cover it or not, but I'm really hoping I get to!

1 comment:

Eric said...

Sounds like lots of fun!