Tuesday, January 01, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Happy New Year, everyone. I spent the last few moments of 2007 watching the ball drop in times square! Yeah, it was really awesome! And no, I wasn't there in person :) GOtcha, didn't I.
I had to work, so I watched it on tv, then headed in to prepare for my newscast.

Christmas was really good. It was really great to be with the family during Christmas. That doesn't happen often with my job. We only had one major mishap--and it will leave you saying "only in Alabama!" My step-dad was wrapping a Christmas present with his pocket knife--yeah, he didn't want to get up to go and get the scissors--and he stabbed himself in the leg. So, he and I spent the afternoon of Christmas eve in the emergency room. He's going to be okay, thank goodness. But it was a really deep stab wound.

Well, it's time to head home for the first day of 2008. Wow. Another year is past. What are your New Year's resolutions? PLease share! Mine is pretty boring--I want to lose weight and get in shape. Isn't that what everyone says? WEll, this time I am really committed to it. I will be 30 at the end of this year, and I want more than anything to feel good about myself physically when I reach that milestone.

I have decided to put together a scrapbook of sorts about the town I grew up in. Gordo was my home for so many years, and things are changing. So, I went around town while I was home and took pictures of the Gordo I want to remember. And I am going to make a picture book all about it.

oh--good news! My friend, Alex, is visiting the South from Vancouver, CAnada. WE plan to spend the day together Saturday. I am so excited!

Have a wonderful New Year!

No comments: