Monday, February 25, 2008

Weekend Update

So, for the most part--this weekend was pretty good. Friday night, I rented "No Reservations". I cooked pork chops and Brett and I watched the movie and ate.
Then he left early, because we had to be up before daylight to head to Columbia for fine arts.
I have to say, I now know what it feels like to be a proud mama. Although I'm not her mom, I would claim her any day. Olivia entered four competitions: short sermon, human video solo, piano, and art. She got superiors on everything--and is invited to nationals for the short sermon and the human video! Those are the two that I helped her with, so it made me feel really good! She did amazing! Olivia was one of the youngest at fine arts...she's 12. The competition is for 12-18 year olds. I am so proud of her. So, we're heading to nationals, which just so happens to be in Charlotte this year!

Sunday--well, I was so exhausted that I ended up not going to church. But I did meet Mike and Heather for lunch. Then came back home to head to bed for another week at work.

Brett and I have decided to take some time off from each other to decide if we should continue to give this relationship thing a try. Don't know what will come from this week. But hopefully if we decide to not "date", then we can still be friends. We will have to see. I am just not very good at this whole relationship thing--just ask any of my former boyfriends! And I know I have a lot of things I want. But there are some "must haves" and some "can't stands" that I am dealing with right now. I don't have a lot of those, but the ones I do, I'm having to decide how important they are to me. And I am spending a lot of time in prayer so I can try not to make any big mistakes in this. Because although he's a great guy, he may not be the one God has for me and I need to be open to what God is saying.

Well, there's so much more I could talk about, but I will end now. I took some pictures at fine arts--I will try to post some soon!

No comments: