Monday, May 12, 2008

As I get ready to move again, I feel an overwhelming sense of grief. For the first time in my life, I am happy where I live, and I really don't want to move. But I am so tired of working third shift, and I am so tired of putting up with egoes from other co-workers who think they've arrived. I am just thankful I got the opportunity to work in a top 50 market. That was my goal, and I made it. And truthfully, I wish I could stay in Greenville. But i'm so burnt out, it makes me hate what I do. And I don't want to feel that way. I want to go back to a time when I thoroughly enjoyed it--when I got excited about going to work.

I went on an interview Friday. I really liked the people I met, and the station as a whole. And the good thing is it would be a daytime shift. It's a 5p newscast. Waiting to hear back from another company. It's good to have options.

So, as for now, I thank God that he's taking care of me. I was so afraid I wouldn't have a job to go to, but things are looking up. Thank you, Jesus. Maybe it's the Lord's will that I move somewhere else. I am just so tired of moving. I've been in this business for 5 1/2 years and I've worked at four different companies in four different cities. I just want to find a place to settle down, and buy a house, and meet someone, get married, and have children. That is my next goal.

1 comment:

Eric said...

God said He would give us the desire of our hearts.