Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas

So, it used to be Happy Thanksgiving for the month of November, then Merry Christmas for the month of December. But it's changed, and silly me, I'm still trying to hold on to my traditions. I've been hearing about folks who have already decorated for Christmas, and my thought it, good grief! Celebrate one holiday at a time! Then, one of the radio stations here went to all Christmas music this week. I couldn't believe it! Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, but I am afraid if we celebrate for too long, it will no longer be special...



So, I tried to hold off and not listen to the Christmas music. But somehow, my radio dial has made it to that station. And I've learned that Christmas music makes me really happy! So, I just left it there for now. As for decorating, I plan to start the process this weekend. I don't know if I'll do inside and out, but I will get it started. I usually wait until the day after Thanksgiving to put up the tree. But Thanksgiving is a week late this year. And I have to work Thanksgiving and the day after. I will be in Gordo visiting my family that weekend. So, I'm going to go ahead and break tradition and put it up.

So, Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas--all wrapped into one.

1 comment:

Eric said...

I do atleast wait until the 2nd weekend in November and not in October like the stores do. But, we will never be able to bet the retaliers and try to ge them to hold off so we might as well join them.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas too! (all wrapped up in one!)