Wednesday, November 05, 2008

History in the Making

It's history in the making! Barack Obama will be the first African-American president of the United States come January. I have to be truthful. I never liked Barack. I was a Hillary Clinton and a John Edwards fan. If you look at some previous posts, you can see me when I met John Edwards. And I never liked John McCain, either, but his running-mate, Sarah Palin, intrigued me. With all that said, at this time, I am happy with the country's choice. And I'm even happier that Obama not only won the electoral college, but he also won the popular vote. That doesn't always happen. I always wondered how you could elect someone president that didn't win the popular vote. But it's happened in recent history.
So, as we wait and see what the future holds, I just hope it's "change we can believe in", like Obama has preached his whole campaign. I want to see the economy get better. I want to see wars end, and peace across the world. I want to see an America that we can be proud of. An America that the world respects. So, as Obama and runningmate, Joe Biden, take office in January, no matter your political affiliation, or who you voted for, let's pray for our new leaders. Let's pray the Lord guides their steps as they lead our country.

No comments: