Friday, February 03, 2006

Happy Friday

Well, today some really great things happened and something really bad happened. I guess you have to take the good with the bad, huh? Well, the good news is I just found out my best friend from high school, Jen, is pregnant with her second child. She sent me a picture of Connor (her son) holding up a sign that reads "i'm the big brother". So, I called her and said, "Jen, is ther something you want to tell me?" and she just started laughing. She is due in September. I think it's great news...but she will have her hands full once the new baby gets here. Her son will be two years old at that time!

The other good thing that has happened is it was Byron's (our director) last day! Yay!!!Most people were saying how bad it was for him to leave...but those same people have talked bad about him behind his back...but I didn't say a word. I'm glad he's gone. He's always been so mean to me.

Now to the bad news..
I got to work last night, only to find out that Mike, our nightside assignment editor, had been "let go". The word around the station is they eliminated his position. But I'm not buying it. I think there's more to it, and if I'm right, then it just confirms my worst fears about my own job. I'm going to call Mike today and find out what happened.

Well, I have a lot to do today in order to get ready for my trip. I head to SC one week from today. I'm so excited. I've never been there!

No comments: