Monday, February 27, 2006

I'm Truly Blessed

My life really couldn't be any better right now...well, yes it could. But only if I were married and had a couple of wonderful children...but that's besides the point! :) NO, really... I have a few more days to go and I will be on my way to South Carolina. I am trying so hard to get everything packed up, but I am so exhausted. What was I thinking trying to work all this week and pack! But it's all good. My new company is putting me in a hotel while I look for an apartment. So, I will get there on Saturday afternoon...and I will have a week before I have to start my new job.

Good news! My sister did see my post about how I felt about our fight (see post My sister,my friend)...and she called me last weekend. So, she and I are talking again, which is definately a good start. That's the way it's supposed to be. She and I have always been so close and my life doesn't make sense without her...so things can only get better with her back in my life. I thought the conversation would be awkward, but it wasn't. We probably talked for a couple of hours and just caught up. It was so great! I have missed her so terribly! I am hoping that she and her fiance will come visit me once I get settled in South Carolina. I really want to see her and I would love to get to know him.


I spent last weekend at my grandmother's house in Mobile. I was busy all weekend! Friday night, she cooked one of my favorite meals...crab casserole. Then we sat around and talked (and my sister called me Friday), so I was pretty busy. Then on Saturday, I met Sarah, Jeff, and Jeremy for lunch at Roadhouse. Then I went shopping at Sears Essentials (I love that store) and I went to the pet store, then I went back to my grandmother's house. She and I got ready that evening and went to eat Thai food. (I love Thai food). Then we stopped by my aunt's house and visited with her for a bit. Everyone wanted to see me before I left, so I was running all weekend.


Now, I am busy trying to get packed up. I don't know how much I will be able to post for the next couple weeks. Bear with me until I can get set up in my new place. I am so excited, I can barely contain myself! This is the job I've always dreamed of, but didn't know if I would ever get the chance! I will be packing up my computer in the next day or so, so if you don't hear from me, know that I will update as soon as I can.

Again, thanks to all of you who have so dilligently prayed for me. I don't even know many of you, but I hope one day I can meet some of you who have been my friend through the last couple of months.


1 comment:

Patti Doughty said...

Nicole, I'm so thrilled to hear that your sister read your Post. I've really been praying. I'm very close to my sisters and, even though we have clashes (some seem more like typhoons), we always manage to work out our problems because we are committed to the relationship and are not willing to let anything get between us, even our own stubborness or pigheadedness.

So, I've prayer for you and your sister. I'm sure there IS a road back - possibly a long one and, maybe, a painful one, but it's worth the walk. God chose a sister for you. We choose our friends but family is placed in our lives by the Lord. And He has a specific purpose for each and every family member.

God bless you. I'll continue to pray. Glad things are good.

Patti