Saturday, January 21, 2006

Exhausted..

Okay, so yesterday once I got home from work, I took some stuff to the post office...and then headed to the beach. Well, my assistant boss told me I should go to Perdido Key because he says it's much nicer than Pensacola. So, that's where I went. Well, I didn't think it was nicer than Pensacola BEach. I like Pensacola much better. While I was there, I stopped at this little hole in the wall restaurant called the Shrimp basket. I had a shrimp po-Boy and some hush puppies...then I was on my way. I went out on the beach...but I stayed maybe five minutes. It was so windy and cold out there. This was a huge change from the weather conditions at my apartment. So, I turned around and went home.

I was so tired, since it was way past my bedtime...I decided I would take a nap and get up a little later. Well, it was 4:00 p.m. I crawled in the bed and set my alarm for 6:00 pm. Well, I must have turned the alarm off because I woke up at 2:30 a.m. You do the math. I had slept for a long time...and I found that I was really hungry. So, I got up and fixed myself a bagel and cream cheese and watched my soap and Oprah...that I tape everyday since I am usually in the bed when they come on. Then I went back to sleep around 4:00 a.m. and didn't wake up until almost 8am. I feel like I've slept most of the weekend away! But with everything that went on this week, it's a wonder I made it through the week.

Today, I have a lunch date with an old friend...someone I used to work with when I worked in Mobile. She teaches at one of the local colleges here in Pensacola, so after her class, we are going to lunch. I can't wait to see her and see what she thinks about this wild idea of South Carolina. Then, I have to come home and do some chores...laundry and the like. It's raining today, so I don't feel bad that I have things to do inside.

I had a thought that maybe I should explain the positions of the newsroom a bit because most of the people who read my blog don't have a clue...so now you will know what these people do that I always talk about...here goes...

News Director: The boss of the newsroom.
Assistant News Director: The Assistant Boss
Executive Producer: The person who oversees all shows...the boss of producers.
Producer: (me)someone who is the manager of a particular show...this person decides content of show, graphics and video of show, and makes most of the decisions concerning the show. Must be ready for any problems that may arise while on-air.
Newscast Director: This is the person who punches the buttons in the control room...this person takes the producer's commands and makes sure they are relayed on air...they are the person that makes the producer's show happen.
Assignment Editor: the person who assigns the stories for the newsroom...makes calls and gets information on stories...and gives the reporters and photographers guidance on how to go about a story...without this person, the newsroom could not survive.
You all know what a reporter and photographer do.
I hope this helps...since I do tend to talk about my job a lot I want you to be able to understand what I am talking about!

Well, I need to go get a shower and make myself look presentable so I can go meet Kesshia. I hope you all have a great day.

No comments: