Sunday, January 15, 2006

Freshness and Annointing

I visited Brownsville Assembly of God this morning. Now, I HATE visiting new churches. I always feel like I'm not a part of things and I'm judging a church more than enjoying the service. But today, it wasn't like that.

This morning, I reluctantly got out of bed and got ready to visit this church. I decided several days ago that I was going, but to make myself go this morning was hard. But I did it. I got there and this young couple...probably close to my age sat next to me and they were so nice. They introduced themselves to me and made me feel welcome.

We went into worship and God's annointing was so strong there. I really feel like I got a fresh touch from the Lord today.

Now the message was about marriage, so I really didn't think I could get much out of it...seeing that I am single, but God spoke to me even through all of that.

I am definately going to go back. Hopefully I can get involved in some type of singles group or something. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have heard of Brownsville. I do not know if it is the same church because I do not remember in what state it was in. It was the church that was in revival for a few years.
Anyways, I am glad you went to church. It is hard to meet new people especially when you are an adult. (and going to the bars is out of the question)
Just remember Jeramiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you"...