Thursday, January 05, 2006

Online Once Again

okay, So I am finally online...and I feel like I have been out of the loop for too long. I had been keeping up with everyone through their blogs...and not being able to access them, I fell behind. The saddest news that I encountered today when I logged on was that my friends Dan and Maria's son, Josiah, went to be with the Lord a few weeks ago. He had been suffering from cancer for sometime. I hate cancer. Most of you know I lost my own brother, Robbie, to Cancer nine years ago (January 9th, 1997). That was the hardest thing I ever had to go through...so I can only imagine what it's like losing a son.

With the holidays always comes a sense of sadness because I do miss him. His birthday would have been December 9th...Wow, he would have been 24-years-old this year. And then of course, Christmas.

And Monday is the anniversary of the day he went to be with the Lord. I do miss him. I miss him so much. It is so much easier for me to talk about him now. It is true...you do heal. But you never forget.

So, I can just imagine what Dan and Maria are going through.

Things at work are touch and go. The guy that I complained about in an earlier post...Brian...well, he and I had to finally have it out before we could get along. He finally told me we would have to sit down with the bosses...and I told him no because he wouldn't listen to me now...what made him think sitting down with anyone would solve anything. So, he came back about 10 minutes later and agreed to listen...I told him why we had a problem...and he told me he would work on his attitude. That was Monday, and things seem to be better. But there are others that I am having a hard time with. I guess anytime you go into management, you are going to have problems with some people...I'm just not used to that. But my managers say I'm doing fine and everything is okay. I talk to one of them everyday about things.

You won't believe this! My boss quit! His last day is Friday, although I'm told he hasn't been to work all week. Imagine that, I start a new job and the boss leaves! I'm kind of nervous about this whole ordeal. Please keep me in your prayers as we go through this transition.

I didn't work last night. I had a horrible migraine headache. I called into work and told them and I really felt bad about it...but I ended up sleeping all night long after I had already slept a good 8 hours. I still feel a bit weird, but I am planning on working tonight.

Well, now that I'm back, I hope everyone will keep in touch. And Dan and Maria, if you are reading this...I am praying for the two of you. I just can't imagine... God will give you strength to get through this.

No comments: